Counties we serve in New York: Nassau & Suffolk Counties
Languages Spoken: English & Spanish
Services provided: Resource Referrals, Legal Services, Veteran New Business Seminars
Areas of Legal Services: Non criminal legal advice, traffic violations, landlord/tenant matters
- Help with interpreting documents that the veteran/veteran’s family may not understand
- Provide information regarding benefits the veteran may avail him/herself to
- Legal referrals when needed, pro-bono (if under 200% of Federal Poverty level) or at a reduced rate.
- Legal referrals for areas of law not covered by AFW can be made. Attorneys are generally charging less for AFW veteran referrals but all financial arrangements are made directly with referring attorney.
- New to AFW: Veteran Modest Means Project. Those that are over 200% of the Federal Poverty Level are now able to access AFW's legal resources by becoming a part of the Veteran Modest Means Project. This includes low-bono legal representation.
- Help completing necessary paperwork and applications
- Make phone calls and follow-ups when needed
- Help scheduling appointments
- Help with billing questions and/or medical coverage information
Connect the veteran with programs that will benefit the veteran such as equine therapy, service dog therapy, art therapy etc.
Provide contacts and follow-up with available educational programs, vocational programs & networking for employment opportunities.
For more information on Angels For Warriors, you can contact us by clicking here, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 631-651-5471.